Talk about a lack of respect to ratepayers, it appears the Ironhouse Sanitary District is set to hold its monthly board meeting on election night even with three seats up for grabs. One would think that in the name of transparency, this meeting would have been postponed a couple of days to allow folks to attend.
This meeting could be potentially pushed back until Thursday when the Board has its “Communication Meeting” and just make that a longer meeting–it would also mean that one stipend is paid to participating directors instead of one tonight and another one on Thursday. But again, that is just par for the course as Ironhouse Board doesn’t think about ratepayers, just themselves and will ram down this agenda tonight.
Even more interesting is the meeting lists two locations as one is Oakley and the other is The New Tropicana Las Vegas, in Las Vegas. This leads me to believe one of the Directors or Staff is in Las Vegas and will call in to “attend ” the meeting.I put an email into Tom Williams late last night and have not yet heard a response. This is the type of stuff they pull with stipends as one can not technically be at a meeting but claim it on the time sheet, it would be interesting to see if this occurs.
Also, the District held a Special Meeting on October 30 which one would think they would alert candidates and the City Liaison, neither was done as this flew under the radar. Like I said, this District lacks in transparency or common courtesy.
I’d encourage Ironhouse to do the right thing and cancel tonight’s meeting out of courtesy to ratepayers and voters.
Here is the Agenda:
FOR THE REGULAR MEETING
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
IRONHOUSE SANITARY DISTRICT
DATE: Tuesday, November 6, 2012
TIME: 6:00 p.m. Closed Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
PLACE: Ironhouse Sanitary District Office
450 Walnut Meadows Drive
Oakley, CA 94561
PLACE: The New Tropicana Las Vegas
3801 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957:Public Employee Performance Evaluation (General Manager)
3. Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
4. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
5. REPORT OF ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION
6. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of the October 2, 2012 Regular Meeting
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of the October 30, 2012 Special Meeting
7. PUBLIC COMMENTS. At this time, the public may address the Board on subjects not on the agenda. Comments may not exceed three (3) minutes in length. While State Law prohibits Board action or discussion on any item not on the agenda, members of the Board may briefly respond to statements or questions from members of the public, provide a reference to staff or other resources for factual information, request staff to report back to the Board at a subsequent meeting, or take action to direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Members of the public are asked to submit a speaker card for public comment in advance of the Chair calling for public comments.
8. CONSENT CALENDAR – Consent Calendar items are considered routine and will be adopted in one single motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless requested by a Director or member of the public prior to the Board vote on the motion to adopt.
Staff Report – Michael Welty – Utonomy
8A. Approval of Payment Order, Report on Financial Position & Operating Performance.
8B. Consideration of 2013 District Holidays
9. BUSINESS BEFORE THE BOARD
9A. CONSIDERATION OF PRELIMINARY FISCAL YEAR END JUNE 30, 2012 ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT WITH INDEPENDENT AUDITOR’S REPORT FROM MANN, URRUTIA, NELSON, CPAS & ASSOCIATES, LLP.
9B. CONSIDERATION OF EXTENDING AUDIT SERVICES CONTRACT WITH MANN, URRUTIA AND NELSON CPA’S TO INCLUDE YEARS 2013, 2014 AND 2015, with an option to extend two additional years.
9C. CONSIDERATION OF DIRECTOR BENEFITS POLICIES FOR INCLUSION IN ISD BYLAWS.
9D. CONSIDERATION OF RESOLUTION NO. 12- 10, 12-11, AND 12-12, RESOLUTIONS FIXING THE EMPLOYER’S CONTRIBUTION UNDER THE PUBLIC EMPLOYEES’ MEDICAL AND HOSPITAL CARE ACT.
9E. CONSIDERATION OF ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT FOR HAZARDOUS MATERIALS AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES FOR DEMOLITION OF FACILITIES FOR LOT 1 ON JERSEY ISLAND.
9F. CONSIDERATION OF UPDATING ISD’s PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (PERSONNEL EVALUATIONS, FORMS, MANAGEMENT TRAINING), AND PROVIDE OTHER SUPERVISOR TRAINING.
9G. CONSIDERATION OF REQUESTING PROPOSALS TO UPDATE ISD’S TOTAL COMPENSATION STUDY (Last Updated Jan. 2006).
9H. RECEIVE UPDATE ON ISD SOLAR POWER INVESTIGATION AND POWER PURCHASE AGREEMENT NEGOTIATIONS.
9I. CONSIDERATION OF WI-FI FOR BOARD ROOM AND CONFERENCE ROOM.
10. STAFF REPORTS
11. BOARD MEMBER ADVISORY REPORTS
A. Delta Science Center (Painter, Huerta)
B. Collection Facilities (Contreras, Huerta)
C. Finance (Lauritzen, Hardcastle)
D. LAFCO (Hardcastle, Contreras)
E. Special District Local Chapter (Hardcastle, Painter)
F. City Liaison (Hardcastle, Huerta)
G. East County Water Mgmt Governing Board (Hardcastle, Huerta)
H. Public Outreach (Huerta, Contreras)
I. JI Management Plan (Hardcastle, Painter)
J. BIMID/BI MAC (Lauritzen, Painter)
12. Future Agenda Items for Consideration