Here is something neat that will occur this morning at 10:00 am as there will be a hearing on the best practices of the private sector and how it can be applied to state government.
Senator Mark DeSaulnier to Chair Select Committee on Excellence and Innovation in State Government Hearing
SACRAMENTO – Senator Mark DeSaulnier will chair a Select Committee on Excellence and Innovation in State Government hearing tomorrow, Thursday, November 28 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 2040 in the State Capitol.
The hearing will examine private sector best practices, and how the most successful practices can be replicated in state government. Those testifying at the hearing will also discuss how other states and local governments approach public services in unique and advanced ways.
WHEN: 10:00 a.m. Thursday, November 29, 2012
WHERE: California State Capitol, Room 2040
- Cathy O’Sullivan, Director of Working Smarter, University of California, Office of the President
- Yvonne Walker, President and Sarah Zimmerman, Deputy Chief of Staff, Service Employees International Union, Local 1000
- Ted Gaebler, City Manager, City of Rancho Cordova
- John Grubb, Chief of Staff, Bay Area Council
- Loren Kaye, President of California Foundation for Commerce and Education, California Chamber of
- Todd Haggerty, Policy Specialist, National Conference of State Legislatures