Several locations throughout Oakley are flooding so be careful driving as gutters are full or plugged with leaves. Some are a even a few feet deep. While driving around after breakfast, some of the locations I witnessed firsthand include:
- Freedom Basin – big puddle in the middle of the road, stick to the left lane headed towards Brentwood
- Laurel Ball Fields – huge mess
- Laurel / Main – making right hand turns at this intersection is dangerous
- Main Street (across from Black Bear) – go SLOW!
- Main Street / Rose
- Main Street / Carol Lane – I swear someone is going to get in an accident right there
- Main Street to downtown
And parents, please keep your kids out of the Marsh Creek today as the water levels will be rising with this rain!
Here are a few pictures.
If you have photos of your own, please send them and I’ll add them to this list. You can email me at email@example.com
By Michael Burkholder