It’s a great day in Antioch as Tony Tiscareno was appointed to the Antioch City Council after each of the nine applicants were given an opportunity to address the council on why they should be appointed. After being appointed, he quickly took the Oath of Office. This was a fabulous choice by the council and one that they got 100% correct.
- Jonathan Hernandez
- Donald Freitas
- Tony Tiscareno
- Debra Vinson
- Vincent Manuel
- Sean Wright
- James Davis
- Robert Miller
- Manuel Louis Soliz, Jr.
Select 2 – then those advance in the process. Those not selected were eliminated.
- Agopian: James Davis & Donald Freitas
- Harper: Vincent Manuel & Tony Tiscareno
- Rocha: Tony Tiscareno & Freitas
- Wilson: Donald Frietas & Tony Tiscareno
Moving on: James Davis, Donald Freitas, Vincent Manuel, Tony Tiscareno
Round 2 – if they have 3 votes, they move onto round 3
- James Davis – Agopian (eliminated)
- Donald Freitas – Agopian, Rocha, Wilson, Rocha
- Vincent Manuel – Harper (eliminated)
- Tony Tiscareno – Harper, Rocha, Wilson,
Moving on: Donald Freitas & Tony Tiscaren
Councilwoman Rocha made motion for Tiscareno and Harper second. Agopian stopped vote and making a statement for “experience” meaning he is urging for Freitas. Harper asks Rocha if she would like to amend your motion? Rocha replies “No”.
Tony Tiscareno appointed by vote 3-1 (Agopian said no) to Antioch City Council! He would later amend his vote to make it a 4-0 vote in favor of Tiscareno.