East Contra Costa Fire Protection District had a nice save yesterday where a house should have gone up in flames but was saved by our firefighter crews with assistance from CONFIRE. While I do not have all the details yet, here is what I do know. The fire occurred around 4:00 pm at Almadon Ct. which is off Vintage Parkway in Oakley.
According to Sam Bradley, this was a second story fully involved master bedroom just short of taking out the roof. East Contra Costa engines 93 and 94, and Contra Costa Fire engines 88, 81, and 82 knocked it down in record time and saved this family’s house.
Via Incident Report:
According to the incident report, engine 93 arrived on scene to find the second story of the home with smoke and flames coming from the side of the second story bedroom. All occupants made it out of the home and the utilities were secured.
Engine 88 and 81 were assigned to attack the fire on the second floor while engine 82 performed primary search on all floors. Engine 94 was assigned to roof ventilation.
There was total loss of the second floor master bedroom and contents within with some damage throughout the residents.
One civilian was injured with secondary burns and smoke inhalation. An unattended candle may be the cause.
Here are photographs sent to me by Nate Anderson – Click to enlarge.
For more of Nate Anderson’s work, you can visit his website at http://eastbayfreelancephotography.com/ as he covers police and fire activity around the area.
Sam Bradley sent me the following pictures from the same incident as these came off her camera phone.